Membership in APLD® and the APLD California Chapter comprises standards of practice, categories of membership, and many benefits. Click here to read about APLD’s Mission, Goals, and Standards of Practice.
APLD Membership Benefits
- Access to our Certification process.
- Identity of Certification (APLD used after your name), upon completion of certification requirements, and with it professional credibility and personal growth.
- Continuing Education and the opportunity to earn CEUs at international and regional conferences, and other events.
- Complimentary industry publications including APLD’s The Designer and its monthly Design Online e-Newsletter.
- Listing in APLD’s international directories with web presence.
- Opportunity to participate in the Speakers Bureau and Members in Print & On-Air.
- Opportunity to participate in the annual Design Awards program.
- Opportunity for your garden pictures and/or design practice to be featured on the international APLD website.
- Access to the members’ only section of the APLD web site.
- Access to key business forms and committee documents.
- Access to legislative database on current state title and practice acts.
- Opportunity to serve on national issues APLD committees.
To learn more about APLD Certification click here…
APLD California Chapter Member Benefits
All APLD members residing in California are also required to join the California Chapter. The additional annual dues for Chapter membership are quite modest ($35.00, or $20.00 for students), and bring significant benefits in return. Many landscape designers are sole practitioners and find the networking opportunities provided through our local California programs very beneficial.
Among the many other benefits are:
- Invitation to District meetings that host dynamic, informative speakers.
- Inclusion in educational workshops and seminars.
- Invitation to special Chapter member-only events.
- Access to Chapter members’ roster.
- Optional participation in District and Chapter board meetings.
- Participation in garden tours, mentoring programs, and other special member-only events and programs.
- Inclusion of your designs in the APLD California Chapter Presentation Portfolios, displayed as part of our Chapter and District presence at local flower and garden shows, trade shows, and other venues.
- Inclusion of your name and contact information on this web site’s Find A Designer page.
- Participation in the Chapter’s exclusive Yahoo group, where members routinely share professional tips and experience.
If you have more questions about Chapter membership, please read our California Chapter Membership FAQs.
To become an APLD member click here…