The APLD® California Chapter’s primary goals are:
- to promote standards of excellence and professionalism in the delivery of landscape design services.
- to keep landscape designers abreast of the latest information and developments in the field.
- to partner with the green industry in educating consumers about the role and value of professional landscape design.
The many rewards of APLD California Chapter membership include:
- Access to and participation in local programs and meetings throughout the state of California, featuring a wide spectrum of topics from design to sustainability to business practices.
- Subscription to the monthly Chapter e-Newsletter.
- Listing in the California Chapter Find a Designer directory.
- Access to local APLD Certification workshops.
- Access to special educational workshops sponsored by the Chapter and Districts.
- Participation in exclusive local garden and trade resource tours.
- Participation in Mentor/Mentee Program (where available).
- Participation in our lively California members-only Internet discussion group.
- Opportunities to meet and network with landscape designers, artists, artisans, contractors, and other green industry professionals, including invitations to local design salons, open studios, showrooms, and other exclusive trade-only events.
Each of our local Districts tailors educational and professional development programs to meet their members’ needs. Check out the Events Calendar to see examples of past and future events in your area.
If you have questions about APLD California Chapter membership, please read our Chapter Membership FAQs.